With its firm texture and nutty flavor, black-eyed peas make a yummy and hearty addition to any soup or stew.
Black Eye peas have a firm and resilient texture when cooked, with a distinct nutty, earthy and savory flavor.
These savory legumes are an excellent source of complex carbs, fiber and many essential vitamins and minerals. Beans like black-eyed peas are so full of good nutrition that they're considered both a protein food and a vegetable.
One cup of cooked black-eyed peas (165 grams) contains:
- 160 calories
- 5 grams of protein
- 34 grams of carbs
- 8 grams of fiber
- 16 percent of the daily value (DV) for calcium
- 10 percent of the DV for iron
- 20 percent of the DV for magnesium
- 15 percent of the DV for zinc
- 24 percent of the DV for copper
- 41 percent of the DV for manganese
- 52 percent of the DV for folate
- 44 percent of the DV for vitamin A
- 37 percent of the DV for vitamin K